Tiers are based on the tiers from the NASPA/ACPA Professional Competencies:
Trainings are open to all Auburn Student Affairs staff members, including graduate assistants and/or student employees. Topics may dictate the personnel in attendance. A-Team members or supervisors may wish to identify participants and encourage attendance at certain sessions.
During fall and spring semesters 2019-2020, training sessions will be offered for Tier 1, Tier 2, and Tier 3. There will be two offerings for each session topic for Tiers 1 & 2, and one offering for each session topic for Tier 3. Staff may find the following useful when choosing sessions for which to register:
- Those who are new to the training curriculum should register for Tier 1 sessions.
- Trainees who have completed Tier 1 should move on to Tier 2. Trainees who have completed Tier 2 should move on to Tier 3.
- Those who began working on Tier 1 previously may wish to register for the Tier 1 sessions they are missing, while also working to complete Tier 2.
- Those who began working on Tier 2 previously may wish to register for the Tier 2 sessions they are missing, while also working to complete Tier 3.
- Any staff member may register for particular sessions of interest or relevance, regardless of Tier.